Wednesday, December 14, 2022 / 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Title: Blood Bank Mythbusters IV
Matthew Elkins, MD, PhD
Director of Transfusion Medicine
Director of Apheresis
Director of Cord Blood Bank
Associate Director Stem Cell Laboratory
Director Transfusion Medicine Fellowship
Associate Director Pathology Residency
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Matthew completed his MD and PhD at the University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign and completed his AP/CP pathology residency and Transfusion Medicine/Blood Banking fellowship at the University of Michigan. He is the Transfusion Medicine Director, Director of Apheresis, Stem Cell Laboratory Associate Director, Medical Director of Chemistry, and Director of the Upstate Cord Blood Bank. In addition to these clinical roles, he serves as the Pathology Department Quality Officer and chairs 3 institutional quality committees. He is the Director of the SUNY Upstate Transfusion Medicine/Blood Banking fellowship and Associate Director of the SUNY Upstate Pathology residency program. Matthew is a dedicated educator and proponent for interdepartmental and inter-institutional collaboration for best clinician learning as well as patient care.
Dr. Elkins will continue his Blood Bank Mythbusters series with another installment looking at common blood banking myths held by clinicians and other healthcare providers.
1. Recognize common blood banking myths held by clinicians and other healthcare providers
2. Explain the conceptual bases for these myths and why these specific myths persist in medicine
3. Discuss the data and physiology behind the correct understanding of these issues
- Members: FREE (Registration is required.)
- Non-Members: $45 per session & $130 entire series
- Institutions: $75 per session & $200 entire series
To receive member pricing, be sure to sign in.