Wednesday, February 22, 2023 / 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Title: PBM Disaster Relief Planning
Mark T. Friedman, D.O.
Director, Transfusion Medicine Service
NYU Langone Health
Dr. Friedman has over 25 years of experience in the field of transfusion medicine and has published studies and spoken at major meetings on the topic of patient blood management.
This presentation will discuss the role of patient blood management in mitigation of the impact of low blood product inventories during times of blood shortages.
1. Report how a hospital transfusion service utilizes patient blood management when the blood supply falls below predefined levels.
2. Analyze specific historical disaster events and their impact on the blood supply.
3. Analyze management of specific patient populations during blood shortages.
- Members: FREE (Registration is required.)
- Non-Members: $45 per session & $130 entire series
- Institutions: $75 per session & $200 entire series
To receive member pricing, be sure to sign in.