Wednesday, October 12, 2022 / 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
Title: Platelet Transfusion Practices
Elizabeth Stone, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Assistant Attending, Transfusion Medicine and Cellular Therapy, NYP Columbia
Medical Director of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, NYP Westchester Hospital
Dr. Elizabeth Stone is a Transfusion Medicine physician at Columbia University Irving Medical Center/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital where she also conducts research in platelet biology in the Laboratory of Transfusion Biology.
During this webinar, Dr. Stone will discuss basic platelet biology, a brief history of platelet transfusion, current platelet transfusion practices, and introduce interesting platelet studies on the horizon.
- Understand to role of platelets in clotting.
- Recognize how platelet transfusion practices have changed through the years.
- Discuss the current best practices for platelet transfusion and cutting edge platelet research.
Dr. Stone has no conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Members: FREE (Registration is required.)
- Non-Members: $45 per session & $130 entire series
- Institutions: $75 per session & $200 entire series
To receive member pricing, be sure to sign in.